No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
* identifies the stages of the consumer's decision making process
* understands the factors affecting consumer behaviour and is able to apply them in research
* is able to analyse topical phenomena associated with consumer behaviour
* is familiar with the different areas and methods of consumer research and is able to function in an innovatively when carrying out a research process
* knows how to make use of international research information applicable to the sector from different research organisations.
* Stages in the decision-making process of consumers
* Factors affecting consumer behaviour (pshycological, individual, social & cultural factors)
* Reserach methods in consumer research
- Planning an implementation of consumer research
* Use of information and services provided by consumer research institutions
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
For the general assessment criteria of the competence generated by the Bachelor of Hospitality Management degree, please see the website of JAMK University of Applied Sciences (www.jamk.fi/english/forstudents/studyguide). The learning outcomes of a course will be assessed in accordance with its learning objectives on the basis of the skills and knowledge and general competences specified in The National and European Quality Management Systems (NQF/EQF, level 6).
The student displays the achievement of the learning objectives for the course through versatile learning assignments.
In addition to the core competence required for grade 1. student identifies the stages of consumer's decision making process and understand the factors affecting consumer behavior.
In addition to the core competence required for grade 2. student is capable of making use of the skills learnt.
In addition to the core competence for grade 3. student has a command of the skills listed below, The student is able to analyze topical phenomena associated with consumer behavior and he is familiar with different methods of consumer research. He is able to apply the knowledge for chosen case.
In addition to the core competence for grade 4. student is able to develop the case applied based on argumentation and is also capable of making use of the skills learnt in a critical and innovative way.
In addition to the core competence for grade 5. student has a command skills listed below, and is also able to present theoretical and practical contribution. He shows developing and critical skills by carrying out consumer research and uses international research information in his case study.
Unless otherwise specified in the curriculum, successfully completed courses will be assessed using a five-point scale: 5 (Excellent), 4 (Very Good), 3 (Good), 2 (Satisfactory), and 1 (Sufficient). A course will be graded as a 0 (Fail) if the student is unable to achieve the minimum objectives of the course. In special cases, a course may be graded as an S (Pass) or a 0 (Fail).