Leadership Skills and Quality Assurance, 5 cr - SWZZ1500
No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
The students are familiar with the principles and concepts of good leadership. They are able to act as members and leaders of multi-professional and intercultural teams. They understand the significance of quality efforts in leadership and service development. The students understand the financial preconditions for providing social and health services.
- Concepts and styles of leadership
- Stress management and welfare as a leader´s task
- Intercultural leadership
- Self- management and entrepreneurship of employees
- Team leadership
- Quality leadership of health and social services
- Financial processes in leader´s work
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The students are familiar with the social and health care sector services and customer work methods and has taken part in the activities of multi-professional teams.
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
Pass (S) The students
- can recognize good leadership practices in the well-being sector based on the latest research information
- use key methods and concept in her assignments
- show knowledge of key concepts and practices associated with financial operation, budgets and final accounts.
- prove development of their leadership skills by reflecting actively during course process.