No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
Student is able:
* to understand the significance of early child–parent interaction
* to recognize the importance of empowerment and knows how to strengthen and support parenthood
* recognize how to develop and apply a reflective work method in working with families
* to deepen his/her theoretical thinking on supporting parenthood
* to recognize feelings and thoughts related to working with families
* recognize family members’ experiences, feelings and thoughts
* Mentalization, early interaction, attachment theory and reflective ability in theory
* gross-generational parenthood
* The role of reflectivity for the quality of parenthood and the development of the child
* Strengthening the parent’s reflective ability
* Health-promotion and empowerment of parenthood
* A reflective way of working, and practicing it
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The student has the basic knowledge of family-orientation, working with families, and welfare system. The student understands the significance of preventive and multi-professional work when working with families.
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
Pass: Active participation in team work and practical exercises. Independent tasks demonstrate the command of course themes. The student achieves the objectives set for the course.