No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
- is able to implement a research or development project that benefits working life, her own field of study or professional development independently, responsibly and within a cooperative network
- knows how to communicate her work at different stages clearly, correctly and graphically to a peer and other audiences
- knows how to report the results of her work, evaluate them and bring forth suggestions for development in an appropriate manner in writing, orally and visually
- Realization/production of the thesis
- Reporting of the thesis
- Written, verbal or visual disclosure of the thesis results and their publication within a community of experts
- Evaluation of the thesis work process
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Sufficient familiarity with one's own professional field and research and development methods. The student has successfully compiled an approved thesis plan and theoretical framework.
Assessment criteria, passed/failed
• implements working life, field-specific or professional knowledge from a useful research & development project independently, responsibly and in cooperation with others
• knows how to process and critically evaluate information, theories, concepts, methods and principles from her own field
• knows how to report the results of her work, evaluate them and bring forth suggestions for development in an appropriate manner in writing, orally and visually
• knows how to communicate her work at different stages clearly, rationally and graphically to a peer and other audiences
• is able to evaluate and develop her own knowledge and readiness for continuous learning
The thesis is evaluated summatively following its completion and presentation, on a five-point scale according to thesis-specific criteria: 5 (Excellent), 4 (Very good), 3 (Good), 2 (Satisfactory) and 1 (Adequate). The evaluation criteria for the thesis are published on the jamk.fi/en Web site.