No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
• are able to work according to the values and ethical principles, as well as service and information systems, client processes and methods of social and health care
• are able to get, to apply, to assess, and share their professional and evidence-based knowledge
• are able to apply the evidence based knowledge as well as anticipate the coming change factors
• are able to work in multi-professional networks
• are able to produce, to test and/or develop service models, as well as products or methods in their operational field
• are able to develop their own actions, organizing as well as problem solving and decision making skills
• are able to analyze, as well as critically assess their professional competence and development in their chosen area of competence
• are able to work in a responsible and economical way, taking the risks in charge
Will be specified according to the chosen area of competence in social and health care or in education.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The students demonstrate a command of knowledge and skills and key concepts and methods related to their profession.
Assessment criteria, passed/failed
Pass (S) The students
• are able to carry out their development project in a client-centered way and according to ethical manners in client services and processes
• utilize multi-professional co-operation, and are aware of the coming change factors
• find, as well as provide evidence-based information in their development project
new professional knowledge and develop
• are able to develop, test, and assess service models as well as products or methods in their operational field
• organize their work,solve problems and make decisions independently
• analyze, as well as evaluate critically their professional competence and development in their chosen are of competence