Clients and Environments in Green Care, 5 cr - SZZZ1852
Person in charge
No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
The student is able to define central client groups and goals related to Green Care and well-being:
- The student is able to encounter different client groups and she can consider client needs in Green Care environment.
- The student is able to recognize and name client’s goals.
- The student can combine Green Care knowledge to client’s goals related to well-being.
The student can analyze Green Care environments and plan and modify them for Green Care activities:
- The student masters concepts of Green Care environments and she is able to apply the concepts into client work
- The student understands the meaning of guiding clients in Green Care activities and environments
- The student is able to analyze and modify Green Care environment through client orientated approach. She can take accessibility, experiencing nature, person-environment fit and environment’s suitability for client into account.
Getting to know different client groups, setting the goals and client’s occupational performance. Physical and social Green Care environment and the meaning of guiding in when working with clients. Green Care environment’s accessibility and usability. Analyzing and modifying Green Care environments to meet client’s needs.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Basics of Green Care
Assessment criteria, passed/failed
Pass/Fail Evaluation is based on documenting the work, work during contact day and peer evaluation. Pass: The student is able to recognize different client groups. She is able to apply knowledge related to client when planning and modifying Green Care environment in order to help client to reach her goals. The student recognizes Green Care potential in her own environment. She can describe Green Care environments and their effects on well-being. The student knows borderlines of Green Care environment (e.g. accessibility and usability. She can critically evaluate environment's suitability for the client. The student recognizes needs of different Green Care-environment users. The student can describe different ways of guiding clients in Green Care environment in order to help then to reach their goals.