No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
After completing the course, the student can:
• apply previously acquired learning in a real business environment
• develop, evaluate and utilise new business opportunities
• create and launch business operations
• operate in a multidisciplinary team and at the customer interface.
The course is completed in multidisciplinary teams by establishing an enterprise (NY) for one academic year. The fee for registering the NY enterprise is €22 per student, and each student who takes the course is responsible for paying his/her fee. The NY enterprises operate in the real market and offer real products or service to real customers. The course provides an excellent foundation for testing students’ own ideas and competence, creating new kinds of products/services and developing the competence needed in business life.Completion of the course does not require a ready business idea, advanced business competence or the intention of starting a business. It is a platform where students can try entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial activities safely and apply their working life competence in practice.
Each team will independently acquire a competent mentor entrepreneur. Several entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship experts also spar with the teams during the course.
Similar courses will be organised concurrently at other Finnish institutes of higher education. The course will culminate in a national final where the students compete with each other for the best business idea. At least one business idea will be selected from each course for the JA Company competition.
- Pystyy soveltamaan ja hyödyntämään aiemmin hankkimaansa osaamista aidossa liiketoimintaympäristössä.
- Osaa kehittää, arvioida ja hyödyntää uusia liiketoimintamahdollisuuksia.
- Osaa luoda ja käynnistää liiketoimintaa.
- Osaa toimia monialaisessa tiimissä ja asiakasrajapinnassa. (not translated)