No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
- knows how to interact and give guidance in different situations
- knows how to organize matters concerning peer support and plan one’s time management
- understands JAMK’s guidance and support systems
- can analyze one’s peer students’ needs of help as the studies proceed and instruct them to follow-up guidance and help
- understands the concept of comprehensive study competence as part of peer guidance.
The study module divides into three parts:
- Training, planning and reporting help the student to familiarize in the basics of mentoring and develop one’s personal skills when guiding other students in their studies.
- Meetings and working in JAMK's teams help the student to familiarize oneself with JAMK’s guidance and support systems and the student is able to get individual support for working as a mentor.
- As a mentor, the student is supporting other students’ studying, processing of studies and the critical phases in studies. In addition, other experience related peer supporting is included.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Student must have completed one of the following study modules:
- Degree Student Tutoring
- International Student Tutoring
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
The student knows how to utilize information and skills defined in the learning competences when acting as peer supporter. Student attends the trainings and meetings and completes the hours mentioned in the section “Student Workload in Hours”. The reporting is done according to the instructions given at the trainings.
The study module is graded as Pass/Fail, marked as “S (Pass)” and “0 (Fail)”. If the student does not meet the minimum criteria set for the course, the grade is 0 (Fail).