No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
The student is able to identify development needs and problem areas in his/her own field of study and work, and knows how to design a research or development project and implement it as a master’s thesis. He/she knows how to use reliable information from various sources in establishing the foundation and parameters of the master’s thesis. The student is able to apply professional knowledge in and choose appropriate research and/or development methods and practices for his/her master’s thesis.
-Thesis process and practices
-Thesis topic and thesis topic proposal
-Research/development plan and presentation of the research plan
-Critical literature review in Finnish and English
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
The course is graded as Pass/Fail, marked as “S (Pass)” and “0 (Fail)”. If the student does not meet the minimum criteria set for the course, the grade is 0 (Fail).
• is able to identify development needs and problem areas in his/her own field of study and work in cooperation with working life
• develops an appropriate research or development project into a master’s thesis by applying information, methods and behavioral skills acquired from the field
• knows how to retrieve, process and critically evaluate information, theories, concepts, methods and principles from his/her own field
• is able to compile a evidence-based/research-based body of knowledge and cite sources in accordance with JAMK's instructions
• is able to apply professional expertise to and select appropriate research/development methods and practices for his/her research & development work
The thesis is evaluated summatively following its completion and presentation, on a five-point scale according to thesis-specific criteria: 5 (Excellent), 4 (Very good), 3 (Good), 2 (Satisfactory) and 1 (Adequate).