Sirpa Tuomi, Hyvinvointi
Riikka Ahlgren, Liiketoiminta
Pasi Lehtola, Teknologia
Tarja Ahopelto, Kielikeskus
Teemu Makkonen, Kirjasto
No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
There are no implementations of the Master's Thesis, Planning course and therefore no enrolment for it. Start your thesis by making a topic proposal in Wihi.
The purpose of the course
You write a research-based development, project or research plan for the thesis included in the master's degree, in which you demonstrate your competence to work as a developer of working life in demanding expert and management tasks in cooperation with working life.
Learning and information management skills
Entrepreneurship, innovation and work community skills
You can justify and plan a research-based development, a project or research in collaboration with working life. You will implement systematic and source-critical data acquisition from national and international databases based on research and other evidence-based information. You write a plan for a knowledge base based on research and other evidence-based information. You can choose the data acquisition and analysis methods suitable for your research-based development, project or research, and prepare a data management plan. You act responsibly in accordance with good scientific practice and ethical principles during the planning phase of the thesis.
Master's thesis process and practices at JAMK
Responsible Master's thesis: Good scientific practice and ethical issues in research development, project work or research
Contractual and licensing practices
Master's thesis design and scheduling
Participation in small group and individual guidance in the planning phase
Writing and presenting a plan
- Rationale for choosing the topic at a general level, background and necessity (Introduction, answer the question why?)
- Problem definition, objectives and development tasks or research questions (answer the question what?)
- Source-critical and systematic information seeking from databases; information seeking guidance by library (Knowledge base, answer the question what is known?)
- Object of research-based development, project or research, development / research approach, data collection and analysis methods (answer the questions, how and where?)
- Open Science and Research - DMT Tuuli Tool and data management plan in Master's Thesis
- Ethical review in research-based development, project or research (The ethical principles with human participants and Ethical review in the human sciences in Finland, TENK.fi)
- Reliability of research-based development, project or research (see assessment of reliability of quantitative research, review of reliability of qualitative research, review of reliability of research development work), risk assessment and forecasting of project work
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
The thesis assessment criteria at levels adequate 1 and satisfactory 2 are described in the thesis assesment criteria form.
Assessment criteria - grade 3 and 4
The thesis assessment criteria at levels good 3 and very good 4 are described in the thesis assesment criteria form.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
The thesis assessment criteria at level excellent is described in the thesis assesment criteria form.
Assessment criteria, passed/failed
The approval grade for the thesis plan phase is recorded when the thesis supervisor has approved the thesis plan and its appendices. The approved entry changes to a grade in accordance with the thesis assessment criteria when the thesis is approved and the grade is given in the thesis group.