Customership and Client-Centered Interaction, 5 cr - YSLM0100
No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
- Understands the meaning of interaction from the mental health viewpoint and definition of client in mental health and substance abuse care
- Is able to critically evaluate and develop their own interaction skills as well as interaction practices, based on the evidence-based information
- Customership in mental health and substance abuse care from the individual, community and society viewpoints
- Recognizing different factors affecting in their own and others interaction
- Communication skills, dialogue and nurse-patient relationship form the client’s and professional’s viewpoints
- Use of different technological methods in client-centered mental health and substance abuse care
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
5: The student can seek evidence-based information from several sources, critically evaluate international research articles and form an overall view based on the collected information. The student has a deep understanding of the subject area and can evaluate current practices and create new operating methods. The student’s overall course participation is active and professional.
3–4: The student can seek evidence-based information from several sources and read national and international sources with a critical approach. He/she can create analyses and syntheses of the subject matter and use the acquired information in the evaluation of current practices and operating methods. The student’s overall course participation is active and professional.
1–2: The student can seek information regarding the subject matter and read national sources. He/she can apply, on a descriptive level, the acquired information in the examination of current practices and operating methods. The evaluation of the subject matter is not realised, and the student’s course participation is irregular.
Failure to participate in intensive days lowers the grade by one number.