Financial Analysis of Health Crisis: Case Study of COVID-19, 5 cr - YS00BD17
Person in charge
No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
The purpose of the course is that you learn to understand financial aspects of health crisis. Summer 2020, the case is the pandemia COVID-19.
You master analyzing the economic impacts of corona pandemic crisis and the possible adoption strategies in both national and global levels. You master the financial analysis of COVID-19 patient hospitalizations in cross-national level. You are able to plan and implement comparative analysis of the burden of corona pandemic between developed countries. You display the ability of significantly influencing the pandemic risk communication.
- Analyzing the economic burden of corona pandemic from macroeconomic perspective
- Financial analysis of COVID-19 patient hospitalization using The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) / University of Washington, COVID-19 Projections data
- Comparative analysis of corona pandemic in cross-national level using IHME, COVID-19 Projections data
- Analyzing the optimum number of coronavirus tests from the economic and clinical perspectives in cross-national level using IHME, COVID-19 Projections data
- Analyzing the rise in economic values of medical staffs due to corona pandemic
- The COVID-19 pandemic risk communication
Assessment criteria, passed/failed
You master the basic concepts and methods of financial analysis of health crisis in both micro- and macroeconomic levels, planning, guidance and follow-up and apply them in practical way based on your area of expertise. You are in charge of financially assessing public health and fiscal policies of pandemic preparedness in different health care systems i.e. in both national and global levels. You apply scientifically risk communication of health crisis based on your field of expertise.