Advanced Nursing Practice in Palliative Care, 5 cr - YSAP0104
Person in charge
No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
- apply their knowledge of a demanding level in palliative care and hospice care in the planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment
• works independently and responsibly as a palliative care specialist nurse with extensive responsibility in his own area of expertise in direct nursing work
• identifies the service package of a patient in palliative or hospice care and manages the service management to meet the needs of the patient and his loved ones.
• consults members of a multiprofessional team and/or acts as a consulting expert for professionals and others involved in the patient's care.
• acts as palliative care coordinator and trainer for professionals in his area
• Patient groups treated in palliative or hospice care and their special needs
• Symptomatic treatment, monitoring and effectiveness of treatment and updating treatment planning (treatment of more general symptoms that require special expertise, such as pain treatment, invasive special techniques, emergency situations)
• Planned implementation of palliative care and nursing (medicinal and non-medicinal treatments)
• Planned implementation of hospice care
• Pharmacology and applied pharmacology in palliative care
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Basic level (A level) competence in palliative care.
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
Reflective self-assessment, peer assessment and teacher's assessment.
Assessment Criteria aggreed in cooperation with UAS network.