No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
After the completion of this course, students can
- Apply the knowledge and skills they have accumulated during their studies in solving real-life problems
- Uncover and process customer needs and pain points into solutions
- Present and promote their ideas and solutions in compelling ways
- Cooperate in cross-functional initiatives
- Prioritize work in a high stress situation
Course prepares its students to participate a hackathon event.
Hackathon brings students, universities and companies under the same roof for limited period. For a student it offers possibility to network with like-minded people, solve real-life problems and meet their future employee.
Following topics are discussed during the course
1. Why participate a hackathon
2. Team and roles
3. Design thinking
4. Technologies and environments
6. Choosing the challenge
7. Practical arrangement before and during the event
8. Priorities and scheduling during the event
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Assessment criteria, passed/failed
Besides the participation and presenting results of the hackathon, we evaluate the content and presentation as follows:
- Content is novel, aligned with the communication objective and clearly targeted at the needs of the specific audience.
- The customer benefits and market opportunity are clear, compelling and believable.
- The idea is feasible and viable.
- The presentation is clearly and logically organised.