No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
Student plans, implements and evaluates care and interprets patients vital signs and examination results with the help of mentor. Student is able to give family centered and rehabilitative patient education. Student practices safe clinical nursing in medical, surgical or acute nursing units. Student documents care according to legislation, is acquainted to the most common care- and hazard situations. Student uses care technology safely.
professional practice 152 hours
practice assignmetn 10 hours
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Theory of nursing in public health and acute and operative care. Multidisiplinary knowledge base for nursing.
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
- acts according to ethical principles and patient safety regulations
- plans, implements and evaluates client centered care together with patient and his/her family utilizing multidisciplinary knowledge
- masters safe use of the most common clinical interventions and care technology
- implements safe medical care
- is able to guide and prepare patient for examination and procedure
- is able to communicate and document patient care
- implements purposeful, health promotive patient education utilizing appropriate materials
- acts according to the rules and regulations of the work place, is initiative and cooperative
- is able to assess his/her own actions critically and suggest improvements