Promotion of Functioning and Participation, 3 cr - SWXX1520
No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
• understands ICF framework as a tool in evaluation and observance of clients functional ability and participation
• recognizes the preconditions of actions in interaction between an individual and environment in different phases of life
• recognizes the basics of functional ability and participation of the client and knows some assisting devices and technological solutions involved
• ICF framework as a tool in client centered multiprofessional: joint language and concepts, assessment of functional ability and participation, description and promotion (measured and experienced performance)
• Strengthening of the activities, functions and participation in different phases of life
• the devices in promoting functional ability, individual performance and safety (f.eg. devices in movement or communication)
• the purchasing process of devices
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
Approved individual/group assignment where student shows s/he masters the learning outcomes of the course.
Criteria for passed assignment:
Student is able to apply ICF framework for clients in different phases of life both from individual and environmental aspects. Student can utilize trustworthy methods in assessing and observing functional ability and participation. Student is able to describe the purchasing process of assisting devices.