No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
- knows the components of safe medication therapy
- understands nursing responsibilities in medication
- is able to determinate correctly the prescribed dosage of medication
- Key legislation, guidance and control in Finland.
- Basic concepts of medication
- Medication forms and routes of administration, pharmacokinetics
- Administration and monitoring of safe pharmacological treatment
- Mathematical skills needed in drug calculation
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
Exams and assignment passed. Drug calculations exam: all answers must be correct. The Student has reached the aims set for this course and demonstrates competence in the exams and in the assignment.