No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
• The students are aware of the significance of internationality and internationalization in working life, particularly in their own branch (Field of ICT).
• They understand the phases from internationalization at home to the integration into a foreign culture.
• They develop their abilities to work in multicultural environments and to study and complete practical training abroad.
- culture and world view
- the classification of cultures
- intercultural communication and its challenges
- the regional characteristics of cultures
- work-life/branch cultures
- operating in unfamiliar culture
Upcoming implementations: Fall 2021
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
Sufficient 1: The student understands the differences in cross-cultural communication.
Satisfactory 2: The student understands the differences in cross-cultural communication and its importance in business communication in ICT field.
Assessment criteria - grade 3 and 4
Good 3: The student is able to apply the basics of business communication into practical situations. They understand the role of lifelong learning in cross-cultural communication.
Very good 4: The student is able to take into account the cultural differences in business communication and they are able to operate in unfamiliar cultures while acting as technical expert.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
Excellent 5: The student is able to take into account the cultural differences in business communication and they are able to operate fluently in unfamiliar cultures. The student is also able to take into account the future requirements.