13.02.2023 - 19.05.2023
15th Feb - 17th May
12 weekly sessions in total starting Wed 15th Feb 4-6.30 pm
Learning outcomes of the course
The course focuses on spoken interaction and conversation skills. You will
- learn and adapt new, socially interactive techniques into your general approach to conversation
- develop vocabulary related to several different conversational contexts or themes
- learn how to facilitate conversation
- take active part in discussions
- improve your skills as a supportive and diplomatic conversationalist.
- identify the importance of culture in discussions.
- Conversation activities and games.
- Social networking and personal introductions for various purposes/contexts
- Using small talk as a way to get better acquainted with others and to open the opportunity to discuss more meaningful topics
- The importance of diplomatic/neutral language.
- Formal and informal language use.
- Expressing agreement and disagreement appropriately.
- Communication strategies
Learning materials and recommended literature
Described in connection with implementation.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The students are able to communicate orally in English in basic everyday situations.
01.11.2022 - 05.02.2023
12 - 27
avoin AMK 3
TA94 - Kielikeskus