No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
You will learn the basics of Finnish phonetics and language structure (present tense verbs, sentence structure). You will be able to use basic phrases and vocabulary in everyday situations (e.g. shopping, dining in restaurants). You will be able to tell about yourself, your family and free time activities. You will be introduced to the typical features of the Finnish culture and way of life.
You will learn to
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases;
- introduce yourself and others;
- ask and answer questions about personal details such as where you live, people you know and things you have.
You will study
- knowledge of the basics of Finnish phonetics;
- language structure;
- language learning strategies;
- the typical features of the Finnish culture and way of life.
Assessment criteria, passed/failed
• understands the most common words and phrases (greetings, numbers and simple questions about him-/herself);
• is able to tell basic things about him-/herself (such as Kuka sinä olet? Kuinka vanha sinä olet? Missä sinä asut?);
• has been present at Zoom webinars and has taken actively part in conversation;
• has successfully completed the independent part of studying on DigiCampus.
Student's performance does not meet the criteria for passing the course.