No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
This is the second part of fully virtual course covering cross-cutting knowledge of finance, along with the ability to build spreadsheet models necessary for efficient financial managers. Enables real-world content and allows active, hands-on learning pedagogy. Connects principles and the latest advancements with the practical perspective of the financial manager. Includes step by step guidance to create advanced MS Excel models.
IBCRI: Skills in Critical and Analytical Understanding: Critically review, analyze and understand information available from academic and professional business sources.
IBBUS: Applied Business Skills: Apply disciplinary and interdisciplinary knowledge to analyze business challenges and global trends to propose or put into action practical business solutions based on the findings.
Cost of Capital, Capital Market Efficiency, Payout Policy, Capital Budgeting and Valuation with Leverage, Financial Options, Option Valuation and Black-Scholes Model, Real Options, Raising Equity Capital, Leasing
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Corporate Finance Models 1
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
- Sufficient (1) - The student shows only a sufficient understanding of the subject and of relevant theories and methods and fails to show a convincing ability to apply the knowledge to real life situation nor to communicate the concepts in an effective manner.
- Satisfactory (2) - The students knowledge covers restricted part of concepts and theories related to the subject and has deficiencies in showing the ability to apply them in assignments. Communication skills need improvement.
Assessment criteria - grade 3 and 4
- Good (3) The students knowledge covers major parts of concepts and theories related to the subject. The student´s ability to apply the knowledge to assignments shows need for improvement, as well as there is room for improvement in oral and written communication.
- Very Good (4) - The student shows good knowledge of the subject fundamentals and concepts and is able to communicate these in an effective way.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
- Excellent (5) - The student shows exceptional theoretical knowledge of fundamentals of the subject. The student demonstrates the ability to apply the knowledge to assignments and presentations with excellent written and oral communications skills.
Assessment criteria, passed/failed
The general criteria of the competences that the Bachelor's Degrees awarded by Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences provide can be found on JAMK's web pages (http://www.jamk.fi/english/forstudents/studyguide). The learning outcomes of individual courses are assessed in relation to the objectives of the course concerned. Assessment is based on knowledge, skills and competence in accordance with the National and European Qualifications Framework, level 6. Grades are from 0 to 5: