International Product Development Project, 5 cr - THTP0550
Person in charge
No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Learning outcomes of the course
You know and master project activity and the stages of the product development process from client need to product documents.
You are able to apply the knowledge acquired during the education to solve practical problems.
You learn product development and product design process and its stages.
You increase your group work, group management, language and cultural skills.
You will take part in international product development project where the topic is coming from the project company from Finland or abroad
In every project there are two competing student groups. You will be a member in one international student group.
Content of the course:
1) The 1st intensive week at the home country of the company: kick-off meeting at the company, tailored lectures by tutors of the company and teachers and professors, group work, group presentations, meetings and supervision by teachers and professors, cultural activities
2) Distance working at the own universities and weekly virtual group meetings
3) The 2nd intensive week at another university: group work, group presentations, meetings and supervision by teachers and professors, cultural activities
4) Final written report and final oral presentations
5) Tutors of the company choose the winner solution and group, teachers and professors evaluate the groups
Learning materials and recommended literature
Tailored materials created by the tutors of the company and supervisors of the universities ( teachers and professors)
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The students know the most common machine parts and their connections, as well as the dimensioning and selection criteria of machine parts.
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
Satisfactory (1-2) as a rule, the student has attained the objectives of the course.
Assessment criteria - grade 3 and 4
Good (3-4) the student has attained the objectives of the course at a satisfactory level.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
Excellent (5) the student has attained the objectives of the course at an excellent level.