Leadership in Global and Multi-cultural Organizations, 5 op - YB00BJ06
Ei tulevia toteutuksia. Katso ajoitussuunnitelmasta seuraavan alkavan toteutuksen ajoitus.
1. Increase the knowledge and the self-awareness of the student about the leader as an individual in a changing global world;
2. Develop the students’ understanding of the concept of leadership from the perspective of the leader in relation with the followers in multicultural settings;
3. Experience the concept of Mindful Leader in global organizations and its impact on the economic and social field (social and emotional skills);
4. Explore the differences between Virtual Leadership & Lead in Person and the multicultural challenges and opportunities in blended environments ( human-technology)
5. Achieve the awareness of the skills shift in the workforce according to the 4th Industrial Revolution and the ''new normal''.
- The student knows how to achieve positive results with and through people, developing leadership, social and emotional skills.
- The student will have the opportunity to learn the art and science of leadership communication, motivation and to develop a positive psychological approach to the change and for the change in multicultural settings, blended environments (human-tech) leading the global transformation.
- The student will learn how to deal with the new challenges of Leadership in the 21st-century VUCA world and the ''new normal''.
- The student will become familiar with the main skills&styles required in global leadership and will learn to monitor followers-employees in times of crisis and in a highly emotional multicultural setting.
- The student will have an opportunity to experience the skills required to balance the professional and personal life according to the new era.
Toteutustavat (sisältää ahotin)
The context of the course is international, intercultural, interreligious, and interdisciplinary
The model is blended: face-to-face + webinars (via zoom)
Working space platform: MOODLE
The course is meant as a journey where the student experience:
1. Experiential learning – multiple disciplines connect
2. Individual & Collective Coaching
3. Network activation
4. Executive process and follow up
5. Awareness-based leadership & decision making
Three main stages of the teaching/learning process:
- Knowledge through lectures
- Knowledge /experience through practical work and challenges
- Knowledge /experience through teamwork project-based learning
For the pedagogical approach:
Zoccoli, M 2019. Connectivism, the pedagogical social fabric and the pipe as a knowledge and skills
conductor in the professional identity formation of the student in higher education in the 21st century.
Northouse, P.G. 2018. Leadership. Theory and Practice. 8th Edition. International Student Edition.
Goleman, D. 2006. Emotional Intelligence: Why it can matter more than IQ. New York: Bantam
Kabat-Zinn, J. 2012. Mindfulness for beginners: Reclaiming the present moment and your life.
Sadhguru, J.V. 2016. Inner Enginnering. A Yogi's guide to joy. Spiegel & Grau. New York
Scharmer, O., & Kaufer, K. 2013. Leading from an emerging future: from eco-system to ecosystem
economies. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler.
Shankman, M.L., & Allen, S.J. 2015. Emotionally Intelligent. A guide for college students. (2nd ed.).
San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Zoccoli, M. 2017. Mindful Leadership at Fratelli Branca Distillerie srl. Master’s Degree Programme
in International Business Administration. Jyväskylä: JAMK University of Applied Sciences.
- Zoccoli, M. 2018. Flying on the Eagle: Millennials' educational journey into the Mindful Leadership.
- Zoccoli, M. 2019. Creating Leadership: Leadership eMagazine:
- Zoccoli, M. 2019. Connectivism, the pedagogical social fabric and the pipe as a knowledge and
skills conductor in the professional identity formation of the student in higher education in the 21st
- Zoccoli, M. 2020. The Apple & The Candle. Human Students Transformative Leadership
+ EXTRA DEDICATED MATERIAL
the teaching material is updated regularly by the teacher while the course ongoing