This implementation takes place 28.8.2023 - 5.11.2023.
Face-to-face learning: Lectures at the Rajakatu campus, exercises and independent studying.
Learning material prepared by teacher.
Books in Finnish:
- Saaranen, P., Kolttola, E. & Pösö, J. 2016. Liike-elämän matematiikka. 11. uudistettu painos. Helsinki: Edita.
- Pulkkinen, P. & Holopainen, M. 2006. Talous- ja rahoitusmatematiikka. 4. uud. p. Helsinki: WSOY oppimateriaalit.
Books in English:
- Park, C. S. 2019. Fundamentals of engineering economics. Fourth edition, Global edition. NY, NY: Pearson.
- Newnan, D. G., Eschenbach, T. G. & Lavelle, J. P. 2016. Engineering economic analysis. International twelfth edition. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Farr, J. V. & Faber, I. 2021. Engineering Economics of Life Cycle Cost Analysis. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
The exams will take place at:
- Lessons of the week starting on 30.11.
- First resit 22.11.2023
- Second resit 13.12.2023
28.08.2023 - 19.12.2023
3cr = 3*27h = 81h, of which...
- lessons approximately 24h
- exams approximately 4h
- independent studying approximately 53h
01.08.2023 - 24.08.2023
More precise timing will be presented in the beginning of the course, but the topics will be discussed more or less in the following order:
- indices and inflation
- simple interest
- compound interest
- periodic payments
- financial calculations
- investment profitability calculations
- comparison of investment alternatives
- profit margin calculations
- Online implementation in Finnish in the fall of 2023 or in the spring of 2024
- Hybrid implementation in Finnish in the fall of 2023 or the spring of 2024
- Face-to-face implementation in Finnish in the fall of 2023
0 - 30
Final exam in two parts. Part 1 determines whether you pass or fail, part 2 determines your grade.
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Purchasing and Logistics Engineering
School of Technology