Course-Journey at the
MAIN CAMPUS: RAJAKATU
JAMK University of Applied Sciences
40200 Jyväskylä - FI
The context of the course is international, intercultural, interreligious, and interdisciplinary
The course is meant as a journey where the student experience:
1. Experiential learning
2. Individual & Collective Coaching
3. Network activation
4. Executive process and follow up
5. Awareness-based leadership & decision making
Three main stages of the teaching/learning process:
- Knowledge through lectures
- Knowledge /experience through practical work and challenges
- Knowledge /experience through teamwork project-based learning
For the pedagogical approach:
Zoccoli, M 2019. Connectivism, the pedagogical social fabric and the pipe as a knowledge and skills conductor in the professional identity formation of the student in higher education in the 21st century.
Educational dedicated material + Teacher's publications
Northouse, P.G. 2018. Leadership. Theory and Practice. 8th Edition. International Student Edition. Sage Publication.
Goleman, D. 2006. Emotional Intelligence: Why it can matter more than IQ. New York: Bantam Books.
Harre, R.& Parrott, W. G. 1996. The emotions: Social, cultural, and biological dimensions. London; Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Kabat-Zinn, J. 2012. Mindfulness for beginners: Reclaiming the present moment and your life.
Sadhguru, J.V. 2016. Inner Enginnering. A Yogi's guide to joy. Spiegel & Grau. New York
Scharmer, O., & Kaufer, K. 2013. Leading from an emerging future: from eco-system to ecosystem economies. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler.
Shankman, M.L., & Allen, S.J. 2015. Emotionally Intelligent. A guide for college students. (2nd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Zoccoli, M. 2017. Mindful Leadership at Fratelli Branca Distillerie srl. Master’s Degree Programme in International Business Administration. Jyväskylä: JAMK University of Applied Sciences. http://urn.fi/URN:NBN:fi:amk-2017102716360
- Zoccoli, M. 2018. Flying on the Eagle: Millennials' educational journey into the Mindful Leadership. JAMK Publications
- Zoccoli, M. 2019. Creating Leadership: Leadership eMagazine: https://verkkolehdet.jamk.fi/creatingleadership/
- Zoccoli, M. 2019. Connectivism, the pedagogical social fabric and the pipe as a knowledge and skills conductor in the professional identity formation of the student in higher education in the 21st century.
- Zoccoli, M. 2020. The Apple & The Candle. Human students transformative leadership experience. JAMK Publications
+ EXTRA DEDICATED MATERIAL
12.02.2024 - 20.05.2024
The passing of the course requires very active participation during seminar days
+ Self-generated work (30%)
+ Project-based collective work or training workshop creation (70%)
More information will be offered to students during the first contact session.
The course-journey is co-created with the students and tailor-made according to the class size, the students' talents & attitudes, and the present moment in which the course happens.
0 - 50
Diploma in IBM groups: HKV24KDIBM, HKV23SDIBM
Exchange YBB24VK: 5 places
EM Normandie YBB24VKN: 8 places
School of Business