This implementation takes place 13.3.2023 - 30.4.2023.
Face-to-face learning: Lectures at the Rajakatu campus.
E-learning: Weekly online lessons, exercises and independent work.
Learning material prepared by teacher.
Books in Finnish:
- Saaranen, P., Kolttola, E. & Pösö, J. 2016. Liike-elämän matematiikka. 11. uudistettu painos. Helsinki: Edita.
- Pulkkinen, P. & Holopainen, M. 2006. Talous- ja rahoitusmatematiikka. 4. uud. p. Helsinki: WSOY oppimateriaalit.
Books in English:
- Park, C. S. 2007. Contemporary engineering economics. 4th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Newnan, D. G., Eschenbach, T. G. & Lavelle, J. P. 2016. Engineering economic analysis. International twelfth edition. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Farr, J. V. & Faber, I. 2021. Engineering Economics of Life Cycle Cost Analysis. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
The dates of the exams are:
- On week 17. Exact dates depend on the scheduling of face-to-face lessons.
- 1st resit 17.5.2023
- 2nd resit 31.5.2023
09.01.2023 - 31.05.2023
3cr = 3*27h = 81h, of which...
- lessons approximately 10h
- exams approximately 4h
- independent studying approximately 67h
01.11.2022 - 05.01.2023
More precise timing will be presented in the beginning of the course, but the topics will be discussed more or less in the following order:
- simple interest
- compound interest
- periodic payments
- financial calculations
- investment calculations
- Online implementation in Finnish in the fall of 2022 or in the spring of 2023
- Face-to-face implementation in English in the fall of 2022
0 - 40
Final exam in two parts. Part 1 determines whether you pass or fail, part 2 determines your Grade.
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Logistics
Face-to-face, Online learning
School of Technology