Communication Skills for Working Life (ZWPC0420-3007), 11.01.2021 – 21.05.2021,
3 cr(ZJA20SIP1, ...)
Learning outcomes of the course
By the end of the course, you should be able to
- articulate working definitions of communication;
- identify the key elements of modern communication models;
- correctly apply the standards and conventions of JAMK’s Project Reporting Instructions to a written report on an assigned topic; and
- deliver a stand-up presentation on an assigned topic.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Common Reference Level B2 (on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages scale) English skills in both writing and speaking, as well as sufficient ICT skills for working with basic video recording and editing tools and participating in online meetings (in the case of online implementations of this course).
The principal contents of the course relate directly to the required assignments, which deal with
- the definition of communication,
- the conception and realization of a communication model,
- managing interpersonal relations and communication,
- the writing of a report conforming to the standards and conventions of JAMK’s Project Reporting Instructions, and
- development, rehearsal, and delivery of a stand-up presentation.
Other contents include supporting activities and smaller preparatory tasks designed to help you perform your best on the assignments listed above.
Assessment criteria - grade 1 and 2
1. You complete all required assignments. Your actual performance in these assignments, however, is such that your understanding and learning are not demonstrated beyond the most basic requirements.
2. You complete all required assignments. In some instances, your performance is above the minimum expectations, but in others, it is not.
Assessment criteria - grade 3 and 4
3. You complete all required assignments and, in most instances, your performance is consistently above the minimum expectations.
4. You complete all required assignments and your performance consistently meets or exceeds the stated expectations.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
5. You complete all your assignments and they consistently demonstrate and advanced-level ability to internalize the given instruction and translate it into tangible results.
Language of instruction
11.01.2021 - 21.05.2021
02.11.2020 - 10.01.2021
0 - 30
Avoin AMK (Open UAS) 5
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Business Information Technology