MAIN CAMPUS: RAJAKATU
JAMK University of Applied Sciences
40200 Jyväskylä - FI
From 16.09.2020 to 02.12.2020
The context of the course is international, intercultural, interreligious and interdisciplinary
The model is blended: face-to-face + webinars (via zoom)
Working space platform: NEO LMS https://www.neolms.com/
NEO LMS JAMK virtual area https://virtual-jamk.neolms.com/
The course is meant as a journey where the student experience:
1. Experiential learning
2. Individual & Collective Coaching
3. Network activation
4. Executive process and follow up
5. Awareness-based leadership & decision making
Three main stages of the teaching/learning process:
- Knowledge through lectures
- Knowledge /experience through practical work and challenges
- Knowledge /experience through teamwork project-based learning
For the pedagogical approach:
Zoccoli, M 2019. Connectivism, the pedagogical social fabric and the pipe as a knowledge and skills conductor in the professional identity formation of the student in higher education in the 21st century.
Daft, R. 2015. The Leadership Experience, 6h Edition – CENGAGE Learning 2015
Daft, R. 2018. The Leadership Experience, 7h Edition – CENGAGE Learning 2018
Northouse, P.G. 2018. Leadership. Theory and Practice. 8th Edition. International Student Edition. Sage Publication.
Goleman, D. 2006. Emotional Intelligence: Why it can matter more than IQ. New York: Bantam Books.
Kabat-Zinn, J. 2012. Mindfulness for beginners: Reclaiming the present moment and your life.
Sadhguru, J.V. 2016. Inner Enginnering. A Yogi's guide to joy. Spiegel & Grau. New York
Scharmer, O., & Kaufer, K. 2013. Leading from an emerging future: from eco-system to ecosystem economies. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler.
Shankman, M.L., & Allen, S.J. 2015. Emotionally Intelligent. A guide for college students. (2nd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Zoccoli, M. 2017. Mindful Leadership at Fratelli Branca Distillerie srl. Master’s Degree Programme in International Business Administration. Jyväskylä: JAMK University of Applied Sciences. http://urn.fi/URN:NBN:fi:amk-2017102716360
- Zoccoli, M. 2018. Flying on the Eagle: Millennials' educational journey into the Mindful Leadership. JAMK Publications
- Zoccoli, M. 2019. Creating Leadership: Leadership eMagazine: https://verkkolehdet.jamk.fi/creatingleadership/
- Zoccoli, M. 2019. Connectivism, the pedagogical social fabric and the pipe as a knowledge and skills conductor in the professional identity formation of the student in higher education in the 21st century.
- Zoccoli, M. 2020. New eBook : coming soon September 2020. JAMK Publications
+ EXTRA DEDICATED MATERIAL
the teaching material is updated regularly by the teacher every semester and also while the course ongoing
During the course possible activities:
Excursions (virtual or physical)
Training & Coaching sessions
Contemplative Practices ( e.g. Meditation, Yoga etc.)
The precise dates of the project-based work delivery will be announced during the course
31.08.2020 - 18.12.2020
To access the BLS course-journey the student needs to:
- read the eBook ''Flying on the Eagle'' - especially the chapter Mindful Class (page 70) -> an overview of the course journey.
(Zoccoli, M. 2018. Flying on the Eagle: Millennials' educational journey into the Mindful Leadership. JAMK Publications)
Open source: https://www.theseus.fi/handle/10024/151348;
- participate in the Session Zero of the Basic Leadership Skills course (16.09.2020)
- Course CHECK-IN:
one-to-one conversation with Marcella Zoccoli to happen online or in presence but before the Session One (23.09.2020)
The student will experience 11 minutes coaching session: ‘’envisioning my commitment to the BLS course-journey''.
The teacher will offer the students the calendar for the one-to-one sessions after session zero and after the session ten (course CHECK-OUT session will follow at the end of the course - 11 minutes one-to-one session: reflections & feedback).
General schedule and workload:
Participation/project-based group presentations 60%
Individual essay/self-reflective work 30% ( inclusive of Check-In & Check-Out sessions)
The course-journey is co-created with the students and tailor-made according to the class size, the students talents & attitudes, and the present moment in which the course happens.
03.08.2020 - 30.08.2020
Exchange students 20
Avoin amk 5
Bachelor's Degree Programme in International Business