Live webinars: 12 hours (6 x 2 hours)
Independent studies: 123 hours
Discussion group participation: pass-fail (group feedback, teacher feedback)
Case analyses paper: pass-fail (teacher feedback)
Shaping an Ethical Workplace Culture. 2013. SHRM Foundation’s Effective Practice Guidelines Series. Sponsored by Briggs and Morgan, P.A., The Kenrich Group LLC. Available online: https://www.shrm.org/hr-today/trends-and-forecasting/special-reports-and-expert-views/Documents/Ethical-Workplace-Culture.pdf
Monrouxe, L., & Rees, C. E. 2017. Healthcare Professionalism: Improving Practice through Reflections on Workplace Dilemmas. Wiley-Blackwell.
Hopia, H., Lottes, I. & Kanne, M. 2016. Ethical Concerns and Dilemmas of Finnish and Dutch Health Professionals. Nursing Ethics, 23(6), 659–673. doi: 10.1177/0969733015579311
The content of the course will be based partly upon an integration of students' experiences with moral issues and ethical dilemmas arising from professional practice.
01.09.2020 - 18.12.2020
Live webinars: 12 hours
Discussion group participation assignment: 50 hours
Case analyses paper assignment: 60 hours
Self-evaluation: 13 hours
03.08.2020 - 30.08.2020
Live webinars will be realized as follows. Note: Mandatory participation.
1. Webinar: 14.9.2020 Monday 6-8 pm Helsinki time (Introduction to Professional Ethics)
2. Webinar: 28.9.2020 Monday 6-8 pm Helsinki time (Laws and Ethics)
3. Webinar: 5.10.2020 Monday 6-8 pm Helsinki time (Ethical issues in professional practice and decision-making I)
4. Webinar: 19.10.2020 Monday 6-8 pm Helsinki time (Ethical issues in professional practice and decision-making II)
5. Webinar: 2.11.2020 Monday 6-8 pm Helsinki time (Ethical case analyses)
6. Webinar: 16.11.2020 Monday 6-8 pm Helsinki time (Professional competency and autonomy)
10 - 20
Evaluation given by a teacher
Master's Degree Programme in Sport and Exercise Physiotherapy, Master's Degree Programme in Health Care and Social Services Development and Management, Master's Degree Programme in Business Network Management, Master’s Degree Programme in Health Care and Social Services