THE COURSE STARTS WITH SESSION ZERO AT THE CAMPUS ON THE 19.09.2022
(Lessons in presence Face-to-face at JAMK Main Campus + a few Webinars via the Zoom platform - final calendar according to F2F/Zoom will be given when the course starts)
MAIN CAMPUS: RAJAKATU
JAMK University of Applied Sciences
40200 Jyväskylä - FI
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE MAX. NUMBER OF SPOTS FOR THIS
LEADERSHIP COURSE-JOURNEY IS 30 (THIRTY).
Welcome to the original incredible 11 weeks journey!
Exploring & Co-Creating Leadership!!!
...from the Basic Leadership Skills to the School of Human Transformative Leadership©...
The context of the course is international, intercultural, inter-religious, and interdisciplinary
The model is blended (not hybrid):
sessions face-to-face at JAMK the main campus
sessions online are on zoom platform in the form of webinars
The course is meant as a journey where the student experience:
1. Experiential learning
2. Individual & Collective Coaching
3. Network activation
4. Executive process and follow up
5. Awareness-based leadership & decision making
Three main stages of the teaching/learning process:
- Knowledge through lectures
- Knowledge /experience through practical work and challenges
- Knowledge /experience through teamwork project-based learning
For the pedagogical approach:
Zoccoli, M 2019. Connectivism, the pedagogical social fabric and the pipe as a knowledge and skills conductor in the professional identity formation of the student in higher education in the 21st century.
Daft, R. 2015. The Leadership Experience, 6h Edition – CENGAGE Learning 2015 or
Daft, R. 2018. The Leadership Experience, 7h Edition – CENGAGE Learning 2018
Northouse, P.G. 2018. Leadership. Theory and Practice. 8th Edition. International Student Edition. Sage Publication.
Goleman, D. 2006. Emotional Intelligence: Why it can matter more than IQ. New York: Bantam Books.
Kabat-Zinn, J. 2012. Mindfulness for beginners: Reclaiming the present moment and your life.
Sadhguru, J.V. 2016. Inner Enginnering. A Yogi's guide to joy. Spiegel & Grau. New York
Scharmer, O., & Kaufer, K. 2013. Leading from an emerging future: from eco-system to ecosystem economies. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler.
Shankman, M.L., & Allen, S.J. 2015. Emotionally Intelligent. A guide for college students. (2nd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Zoccoli, M. 2017. Mindful Leadership at Fratelli Branca Distillerie srl. Master’s Degree Programme in International Business Administration. Jyväskylä: JAMK University of Applied Sciences. http://urn.fi/URN:NBN:fi:amk-2017102716360
- Zoccoli, M. 2018. Flying on the Eagle: Millennials' educational journey into the Mindful Leadership. JAMK Publications
- Zoccoli, M. 2019. Creating Leadership: Leadership eMagazine: https://verkkolehdet.jamk.fi/creatingleadership/
- Zoccoli, M. 2019. Connectivism, the pedagogical social fabric and the pipe as a knowledge and skills conductor in the professional identity formation of the student in higher education in the 21st century.
- Zoccoli, M. 2020. The Apple & The Candle. Human students transformative leadership experience. JAMK Publications
+ EXTRA DEDICATED MATERIAL
the teaching material is updated regularly by the teacher every semester and also while the course ongoing
The precise dates of the project-base work delivery are announced during the course
29.08.2022 - 21.12.2022
To access the BLS course-journey the students are invited to:
- read in the eBook ''Flying on the Eagle'' - the chapter Mindful Class (page 70) -> an overview of the course journey (Zoccoli, M. 2018. Flying on the Eagle: Millennials' educational journey into the Mindful Leadership. JAMK Publications) Open source avilable here: https://www.theseus.fi/handle/10024/151348
- read in the eBook '' The Apple & The Candle" - the Appendix (page 272) - Basic Leadership Skills - the course
(Zoccoli M. (Ed)., (2020). The Apple & The Candle: Human students transformative leadership experience.)
Open source available here: https://www.theseus.fi/handle/10024/346459
-participate in the Session Zero of the Basic Leadership Skills course 19.09.2022
The course journey is co-created with the students and tailor-made according to the class size, the students' talents & attitudes, and the present moment in which the course happens.
General schedule and workload:
Individual work 30%
Participation/project-based group presentations 70%
01.08.2022 - 25.08.2022
0 - 30
Exchange and other Study Abroad students: 20 (included in the total capacity)
Bachelor's Degree Programme in International Business
School of Business