Seminars online and also face-to-face contact
Peer discussion and support
Presentation of the thesis in small group meetings
Independent work: taking care of agreements and research permits related to the thesis, implementing the functional or empirical phase and collecting and analyzing material or data, writing a thesis according to JAMK's reporting or project guidelines, presenting the thesis.
On the basis of systematic information seeking, the student obtains scientific literature suitable for the topic, problem solving and development or research methods of the thesis, which are referred to in the thesis in accordance with JAMK's reporting guidelines
Tarja Niemelä, Elina Vaara
The thesis is done as a working life-oriented research-based development work or research. It can also be connected to RDI project.
01.09.2020 - 18.12.2020
Implementation phase (10op)
- Empirical and functional phase, data collection and analysis
- Participation in small group and individual meetings
- Thesis writing, presentation in seminar, evaluation, archiving and publishing
Total 10 cr (the workload of one credit is 27 hours)
03.08.2020 - 30.08.2020
- empirical or functional implementation phase of the thesis, data collection and analysis
- thesis reporting and evaluation: Thesis writing, presentation in seminar, evaluation, archiving and publishing
0 - 50
The thesis is assessed with separate thesis evaluation criteria.
The main supervisor of the thesis provides developmental feedback throughout the thesis process.
Assessment methods: self-assessment, thesis statement - host company or organisation, supervisor's assessment, the assessment decision based on these documents is made by the thesis working group according to the degree regulations
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Tourism and Service Business