Teaching on this course is divided appr. 30% contact lessons and 70% virtual / remote implementation. Teaching in Finnish.
Teaching is based on lecture and instructional videos, learning assignments, joint dialogue between students and the teacher in the course's peer support / discussion forum.
The course is divided into five sections:
1. In the PDM section, you will become familiar with product data management through lecture videos and independent learning assignments. The section also includes project work in a group, so you also need to be an active member of the group in a virtual environment.
2. In the Technical Drawing Theory section, you will become familiar with the rules and presentations of technical drawing independently through lecture videos and literature in each subject area. Each topic area includes learning tasks to be answered in Moodle that map your skills.
3. In the Basics of 3D Modeling, you will learn modeling and design with Inventor software with the help of teacher’s video instructions, from simple models to multi-component assembly.
4. In the Manufacturing Drawings, you will utilize and apply the learnings and content of the previous sections in your assignments. Teacher's videos help and guide your work. You design and draw the components independently and reflect on what you have learned by reviewing your drawings yourself using Moodle tools.
5. In the Layout Design section, you will have more freedom to show your 3D modeling skills in the plan of an entire logistics center. The videos produced by the teacher can be used as a hint and aid, but at this point you already have enough skills for more independent planning.
ISBN 952-9867-42-5, Tekniikan taulukkokirja. Valtanen, Esko. 2019. Painokset vuodesta 2013 eteenpäin.
ISBN 1-4175-2644-0, Manual of Engineering Drawing: Technical Product Specification and Documentation to British and International Standards. Simmons, Colin H. 2012. eBook
ISBN 0-8311-3603-0, Engineering Drawing for Manufacture. Griffiths, B. 2003. eBook
Autodesk Inventor Professional documentation.
The free student license for Autodesk Inventor Professional is only available for Microsoft Windows. Macintosh users need either Bootcamp or Virtual Machine software to install Windows and Inventor.
Not applicable on this course.
There is no specific exam on this course. You may retake tasks as many times needed, within the given timeframe, to get approved grade.
09.01.2023 - 19.05.2023
One credit corresponds to an average of 27 hours of work, which means that the load of five credits is approximately 135 hours. The load is distributed in different ways depending on the course implementation.
01.11.2022 - 05.01.2023
Content schedule is given in a weekly plan of the course in Moodle.
The admission procedures are described in the degree rule and the study guide. The teacher of the course will give you more information on possible specific course practices.
0 - 60
Requirements and how tasks should be completed are explained in their assignment. Task types and acceptable performance requirements vary from task to task. Completion of the course requires approved completion of all of them.
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Logistics
School of Technology