WEbinaarit tiistaisin klo.16-19 (3h) x 3
Seminaari webinaarin tavoin online 19.11.20; klo 9-16
Viikot 33, 37, 38, 41, 42, 49, 50 poissa suomesta! (not translated)
The course is implemented as webinars, where during three (3) different webinars (3 hours / webinar) you get acquainted with qualitative research in your field, present the research data collection, analysis and results, and discuss ethical issues related to research in the group.
During the course, you will practice using mini-research to collect and analyze research material, and in a seminar conducted as a webinar, you will present the qualitative research you have done.
The Sage handbook of qualitative research. 2017. Toim. N. Denzin & Y. S. Lincoln. USA: Sage
Bryman, A. 2012. Social research methods. Oxford: Oxford University Press cop.
Holloway, I. & Galvin, K. 2017. Qualitative Research in Nursing and Healthcare. 4th ed. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell
Klenke, K. 2016. Qualitative Research in the Study of Leadership. Great Britain: Emerald.
Creswell, J. & Poth, C.N. 2018. Qualitative inquiry & research design: choosing among five approaches. Los Angeles: SAGE Publications, Inc.
The Application of Content Analysis in Nursing Science Research. 2018 or 2020. Edit.. H. Kyngäs, K. Mikkonen & M. Kääriäinen, M. Cham: Springer.
Resnik D. B. 2011. What is Ethics in Research & Why is It Important? National institute of health science. Available at: http://www.niehs.nih.gov/research/resources/bioethics/whatis.cfm
Silverman, D. 2014. Interpreting qualitative data. Methods for analysing talk, text and interaction. 5.painos. London:Sage.
Gerrish, K. & Lathlean, J. 2015. The Research process in Nursing. Wileys & Blackwell. Section 4 and chapter 34. Ebook
Independent and group works, no exam
01.09.2020 - 20.12.2020
Total 135 hours:
- Contact 21 hours
- Independent work 114 hours
03.08.2020 - 06.09.2020
In a qualitative course, you have four different assignments:
Task 1: individual task
- Select two (2) scientific articles in your field and make a written summary of them.
- Return the summary to an online learning environment.
Task 2: group work
-Get familiar the background material on research ethics
- Participate in discussions with your group on ethical issues in research,
-Make a summary with your group on an ethical issue and present it to everyone in a joint webinar
Task 3: group task
- Collect qualitative data, analyze it by using qualitative analysis methods and form the main results of the analysis.
- Produce a Power Point presentation of your research that will be presented to others
- Return your Power Point presentation to online learning environment.
- Participate in the peer review
Task 4: individual task
- Read the Power Point presentation of one group and give an oral peer review, in which you look at the different stages of the research process and possible development needs
15 - 30
Task 1: pass / fail
Task 2: pass / fail
Task 3: number 1-5
Task 4: pass / fail
Master's Degree Programme in Business Network Management, Master’s Degree Programme in Health Care and Social Services
Face-to-face, Online learning