Self-study in Moodle.
Voluntary Zoom meetings:
- Mon 30.1 17.00-18.00 Course-info, Info UNIT 1 and 2
- Mon 6.3 17.00-18.00 Info UNIT 3
- Mon 3.4 17.00-18.00 Info UNIT 4
- Mon 8.5 17.00-18.00 Info exams
The meetings are voluntary info-meetings that are recorded, and you can watch the recordings in Moodle.
NB! The course is full!
This is an online course, and you study independently in Moodle. You need basic computing skills, web camera and microphone. The teaching language of this course is English/Finnish.
You do written and oral learning assignments. The oral assignments are videos. There are also two group assignments: one group discussion in UNIT 3 and an oral exam at the end of the course. The oral exam is in Zoom.
The topics of the course are as follows:
- studies and job search
- communication in working life, for example, e-mails, opinions
- professional writing
- field-specific terminology
- presentations, group discussions
Teacher’s material will be used in the course.
Oral exams 8.5-17.5 in Zoom. The students can choose a suitable time for the exam from many options. Retake possibilities in May 2023.
30.01.2023 - 19.05.2023
The estimated student workload in this course is as follows:
- Online lessons/meetings: 5 hours
- Familiarization with online course environment, self-study and learning assignments: 75-85 hours
- Group work: 5 hours
- Preparation for the exam 5 hours
Total 108 hours (one credit equals 27 hours of student work)
01.11.2022 - 05.01.2023
12 - 20
The level of this course is B2 (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/sites/default/files/cefr-fi.pdf).
It is necessary for the students to master basic computing skills such as making videos and sharing videos.
TA94 - Kielikeskus