The course proceeds according to themes. The themes include the following steps that support the learning process:
1. Independent study of the laws and theories of the subject area prior to the workshops
2. Expert lecture related to the teacher or subject area
3. Workshop - case exercises as group work during webinars and/or on own time.
4. A personal learning assignment that is completed throughout the duration of the course. The assignment serves as demonstration of your competence with regard to the course contents. The last learning assignment includes an assessment of the competencies related to the self-assessment.
Guidance will be available during the course as follows:
1. Each theme begins with an introduction to the theme.
2. Guidance for the individual or group assignment in workshops.
3. Peer feedback on the group assignment.
4. Feedback on group assignments.
5. Guidance on the completion of the personal assignment both in workshops and via the online guidance forum.
6. Written feedback on personal assignments.
7. The grade for the course is based on the competence shown in the independent assignments.
Viitala, Riitta. Henkilöstöjohtaminen: Keskeiset Käsitteet, Teoriat Ja Trendit. 1. painos. Helsinki: Edita, 2021. (also e-book)
Joki, M. (2021). Henkilöstöasiantuntijan käsikirja (7., uudistettu painos.). [Helsinki]: Kauppakamari. (myös e-kirja)(also e-book)
Kaijala, M. (2016). Rekrytointi: Tehtävään vai yhtiöön? Helsinki: Alma Talent. (also e-book)
Eklund, A. (2018). Tervetuloa meille!: Uuden työntekijän perehdytys. (1. painos) Helsinki: Impact.
Aihealueeseen liittyvät lait ja asetukset sekä työehtosopimukset
Expert lectures and assingments related to the themes
The last personal assignment must be returned by 19 Mars 2023.
The retake of the personal assignment is possible on 2 April 2023 and 4 April 2023.
09.01.2023 - 19.03.2023
Literature 3*20 h = 60 h
Webinars 9*1.5 h = 13,5 h, which workshops 3*2 h = 6 h (compulsory participation)
Completion of independent assignments 61,5 h
During the course, independent study of literature, interactive lectures and workshops and individual or group assingments will alternate. Additionally, an independent learning assignments will be completed related to each theme
Accreditation (replacement and inclusion)
Recognition of prior learning and experience acquired in other ways
More detailed instructions can be found from the Degree Regulations and the Study Guide
0 - 40
The course assessment methods include:
Assessment of own competence related to the group assignments.
Peer assessment of the group assignment.
The teacher’s written feedback on competence in the subject area of the individual assignments.
Assessment of competence, feedback and course grade based on the competence assessments, group assignment and the independent assignments.
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Business Management
School of Business