This course is implemented 29.8.2022 - 16.10.2022.
Lectures will be streamed online.
Guided exercises will be held at campus or online depending on the implementation of your degree programme.
Lectures, guided exercises, independent work, exams.
Written material, video material and exercises prepared by teacher.
Appropriate textbooks in Finnish:
- Alestalo, S., Lehtola, P., Nieminen, T. & Rantakaulio, A. 2011. Tekninen matematiikka 1. 1. uusittu painos. Tampere: Tammertekniikka.
- Henttonen, J., Peltomäki, J. & Uusitalo, S. 2003. Tekniikan matematiikka: 1. Helsinki: Edita.
Exam to pass the course will be done independently during the course in e-exam studio or as a more traditional supervised exam during week 41, depending on the implementation of your degree programme.
The grade-determining exam will take place during week 41.
First resit 9.11.
Second resit 30.11.
29.08.2022 - 16.10.2022
For six weeks:
Lectures 2 * 45 min
Exercises (depending on programme): 3 * 45 min or 2 * 45 min
Exams approximately 4 h
Independent work approximately 55 - 60 h
01.08.2022 - 25.08.2022
Themes will be discussed in the following order (one week / theme):
1. Power Rules
2. Polynomials and Rational Expressions
3. Introduction to Functions
4. First Degree Polynomial Equations
5. Second Degree Polynomial Equations
6. Systems of Equations
Face-to-face, hybrid and online implementations are available in autumn and in spring. It is also possible to attend the course online during summer 2023.
0 - 60
Assessment is based on two-part final exam and exercises.
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Energy and Environmental Technology
Face-to-face, Online learning
School of Technology